Monday, September 19, 2005

 

FFC Extension

This is a tough one. Altough I have some experience from electronics and soldering from installing psx mods, making a portable boombox and some simple high school projects I had a hard time with this. The Lumenlab kit comes with a flat cable and small connector, the extension cable is a lot thicker than the original so some improvisation is required! Since the extender is thicker it stays quite well or the board even without the securing clamp, but squeezing both cables into the connector was a tough cookie. I had read about most people messing up their lcd by breaking someting in this phase so I was extra cautious. I lost my nerve many times, cursed the tiny & flimsy connectors that are clumsy to handle and difficult to see cos theyre so small. After connecting and starting up the screen a few times only to get a blank screen or weird errorlines I was sure I'd broken the lcd. But then i managed to squeeze the ends of both cables into the connector and when starting the screen it gave a perfect image, hooray! I clamped the cables together with two strips of metal bound together with screws, I also used a hot glue gun to fasten the extension onto the circuit board.
Clamp & Socket
General Image
Lcd electronics, backlight removed
Extension glued to circuit board

Comments:
Howdy,

Do you guys watch movies in theater or on internet? I use to rent DVD movies from [b]Redbox.com[/b]. Recently I discovered that we can watch all new movies on internet on day, they are released. So why should I spend money on renting movies??? So, can you guys please tell me where I can [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]watch latest movie Step Up 3D 2010[/url] for free?? I have searched [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Youtube.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Dailymotion.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Megavideo.com[/url] but, Could not find a good working link. If you know any working link please share it with me.


Thanks
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?